Skin Biology and Diseases Resource-based Center (SBDRC) Call for Pilot Grants
Penn SBDRC Call for Applications for Pilot and Feasibility (P&F) Studies
Full Proposals will be accepted from:
- New investigators, who have not had R01 or P01 or equivalent funding, to do innovative skin research;
- Investigators proposing basic/translational collaborations and interdisciplinary projects in skin research;
- Established investigators outside the field of skin research who want to apply their expertise to this area and/or collaborate with skin researchers.
Scientist-in-Training Minigrant Proposals will be accepted from:
- Dermatology residents in the third or fourth year of the physician-scientist residency training program;
- Dermatologists who are postdoctoral research fellows;
- Postdoctoral research fellows with >1 year research experience in the laboratories of PIs in the SBDRC who are doing skin research.
Priority will be given to proposals that use at least 1 of the SBDRC Research Cores and/or that propose interdepartmental (preferably interdisciplinary) collaborations will be prioritized for funding.
- Full Proposals: $20,000-$50,000 per year; ability to competitively renew for 1 year
- Scientist-in-Training Minigrant Proposals: up to $15,000 each
Application due date: August 1, 2019
Anticipated funding start date: October 1, 2019
Full instructions are available at: https://dermatology.upenn.edu/sbdrc/pilot-grant-program/grant-submission-instructions/
Please submit proposals & direct inquiries to Dr. Elizabeth Grice (egrice [at] mail.med.upenn.edu)
We encourage applications from researchers from diverse backgrounds underrepresented in biomedical research, including underrepresented racial and ethnic groups, persons with disabilities, and women.
Please send any questions to egrice [at] pennmedicine.upenn.edu