DEADLINE REMINDER: PSOM Limited Application - Margaret Q. Landenberger Research Foundation Awards
TO: School of Medicine Faculty
FROM: Jon M. Lindstrom, PhD – Chair, PSOM Limited Applications
RE: Margaret Q. Landenberger Research Foundation Invitation to
Submit Grant Application
DEADLINE: July 16, 2018
I am pleased to announce that the Perelman School of Medicine (PSOM) has been invited to nominate one candidate for the Margaret Q. Landenberger Research Foundation Awards. The PSOM Limited Applications Committee will manage the internal selection process for this opportunity.
DESCRIPTION OF THE AWARD
The Margaret Q. Landenberger Research Foundation (“the Foundation”) is a non-profit private foundation which focuses its support on promising early stage medical researchers. The ideal candidate is affiliated with an outstanding medical research institution and works under the supervision of experienced mentors. The Foundation’s goal is to assist these individuals by funding their current research, with the hope of enabling them to acquire more significant funding. They do not restrict their support to any particular disease or medical condition.
Grants are generally $200,000, over a two (2) year period, with the second year to be contingent on the approval of a progress report covering the initial year, to be submitted within eleven (11) months after the grant is received. These funds should be fully allocated to direct costs and awards will start in early 2019.
PSOM is eligible to nominate one candidate.
At the time of application:
- The candidate must have an MD and/or PhD
- Candidates must hold an appointment of Assistant Professor
INTERNAL APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
To be considered, applicants must submit information in a single PDF in the following order:
- A letter of recommendation from the applicant’s Chair, Division Chief or Institute Director
- A two-page detailed proposal including project title, broad long-term objectives and specific aims, and research strategy (including significance, innovation, approach, and preliminary studies). References should also be included to support the proposal, but are not counted in the two page limit.
- Use margins of 0.5 inches or greater and 11pt font size or greater.
- A biosketch in 5-page NIH format (including all past, current and pending research support information)
Applications are due by 9:00AM on Monday, July 16, 2018 and should be e-mailed to: Connie Weinstein at clw [at] pennmedicine.upenn.edu. Subject line of email should read: Landenberger Foundation_ Applicant’s surname_Applicant's first name. For example: Landenberger Foundation_Doe_Jane. Questions may be directed to Connie via email or 215-898-0132.
Please send any questions to clw [at] pennmedicine.upenn.edu