Meet The 2020 Excellence in Mentoring Award Winners
For Akiva Cohen, PhD, and Joseph Zackular, PhD, recipients of the 2020 Excellence in Mentoring Trainees Award, mentors do more than just advise trainees on their scientific work: They provide a “second family,” a “support system,” and a sounding board for all the questions, quirks, and concerns that no doubt come with a career in academia.
This Q&A kicks off a monthly Cornerstone series in which we sit down with faculty members to learn more about their research and roles. Through these spotlights, you have the opportunity to meet the diverse, dedicated, and distinctive individuals who lead our research community in our mission to improve children’s health. Stay tuned for more from our Faculty Spotlight series throughout this year!
Do you have an interesting article you would like to share? Let us know by e-mailing it to OFD [at] email.chop.edu.
Foundation Funding Resources
New due dates added: Rolling list of foundation funding applications
|Connect with successful colleagues to gain insight on a particular foundation.
Find a list of foundation grants previously awarded to CHOP PIs.
Cyclical Pilot and Limited Application Grants
Funding Search Tools
- All Federal Agencies (grants.gov)
- Customize your search and receive individual email alerts from the NIH, and from several foundations
- Find and filter NIH funding to identify the right opportunity for you.
- See this week's NIH Weekly Funding Notices and Announcements or get on the list to receive it to your inbox.
- NIH Matchmaker can be used for keyword searches of a topic area to identify NIH Institutes or Centers (ICs) that have previously funded research in that area.
- NIH search by key word for "unsolicited or investigator-initiated" Parent Announcements
- NSF Funding Search
- Proposal central/foundation grant opportunities
The Perelman School of Medicine Academic Tracks
- Selecting and navigating the tracks (Dept of Peds site)
- Faculty experts describe the tracks (Perelman School of Medicine site)
- Timelines for reappointment and promotion reviews
- Criteria and benchmarks for promotion
- Documentation required for reappointment and promotion packages
Regardless of where they are posted, promotion standards for the 4 PSOM tracks are the same throughout CHOP and Penn Medicine.