‘There is no one path in science.’ Q&A With Will Bailis, PhD
In this Q&A, we feature Will Bailis, PhD, assistant professor of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine. At tomorrow's virtual Faculty Luncheon (6/17) , Dr. Bailis will present a session titled “The Multifaceted Role of NAD Metabolism in T Cell Activation.”
Procurement to Payment: Research Supply Chain Fundamentals
In this series, Quenika Smith, Research Supply Chain Manager, will elucidate the research supply chain process, share tips for maximizing your research funds through strategic sourcing and contracting, and demonstrate tools to track where your grant funds are going. Tailored to the needs of faculty and lab managers, but open to all in the CHOP community. Join one, two, or all three sessions.
Click the links below to learn more and to add to your calendar.
Coupa for Researchers
Maximizing Research Funds Through Strategic Sourcing & Contracting
Where is My Grant Funding Going?
Missed our recent session on the benefits of submitting to a preprint server? Check out the recording below.
Preventing a Secondary Epidemic of Lost Early Career Scientists: Here we discussed the outsized impact this pandemic has had on women scientists, and actions to mitigate the lasting impact.
Select papers discussed in the presentation:
- Turning Chutes into Ladders for Women Faculty: A Review and Roadmap for Equity in Academia; Cardel et al 2020
- Preventing a Secondary Epidemic of Lost Early Career Scientists: Effects of COVID-19 Pandemic on Women with Children; Cardel et al 2020
- Academic careers and the COVID-19 pandemic: Reversing the tide; Carr et al 2021
Pfizer Centers for Therapeutic Innovation (CTI) information and pre-proposal template for applications due June 28. CHOP applications are being coordinated by SWEENEYC [at] chop.edu (subject: Pfizer%20CTI) (Cindy Middleton Harrison).
NIH COVID-19 Funding
Notice of Special Interest (NOSI) regarding the Availability of Urgent Competitive Revisions and Administrative Supplements for Research on Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in Individuals with Down Syndrome for the INCLUDE Project
Emergency Awards: Notice of Special Interest (NOSI) on Pan-Coronavirus Vaccine Development Program Projects
Requesting Extensions for Early Career Scientists Whose Career Trajectories Have Been Significantly Impacted by COVID-19
Notice of Special Interest (NOSI): Administrative Supplements to SEPA Awards to Develop Innovative Educational Resources to Address SARS-CoV-2 Vaccine Hesitancy
ADDITIONAL COVID-19 Funding and Support
COVID-19 related funding opportunities updated daily by InfoGlobal. - Various due dates
Pre-Award Research Administration have compiled this extensive list of COVID-19 Research Funding Opportunities, most with rolling due dates.
Foundation Funding Resources
|Connect with successful colleagues to gain insight on a particular foundation.
Find a list of foundation grants previously awarded to CHOP PIs.
Cyclical Pilot and Limited Application Grants
Funding Search Tools
- All Federal Agencies (grants.gov)
- Customize your search and receive individual email alerts from the NIH, and from several foundations
- Find and filter NIH funding to identify the right opportunity for you.
- See this week's NIH Weekly Funding Notices and Announcements or get on the list to receive it to your inbox.
- NIH Matchmaker can be used for keyword searches of a topic area to identify NIH Institutes or Centers (ICs) that have previously funded research in that area.
- NIH search by key word for "unsolicited or investigator-initiated" Parent Announcements
- NSF Funding Search
- Proposal central/foundation grant opportunities
Notice of Upcoming Change
This site, ofd.research.chop.edu, will be retired in FY22. Existing content will be transitioned to two locations: (1) the Office of Faculty Development Web Site on the CHOP Research Institute Web Page and (2) an @CHOP site (in development). Keep an eye out for more communications around this change.
The Perelman School of Medicine Academic Tracks
- Selecting and navigating the tracks (Dept of Peds site)
- Faculty experts describe the tracks (Perelman School of Medicine site)
- Timelines for reappointment and promotion reviews
- Criteria and benchmarks for promotion
- Documentation required for reappointment and promotion packages
Regardless of where they are posted, promotion standards for the 4 PSOM tracks are the same throughout CHOP and Penn Medicine.
Do you have an interesting article you would like to share? Let us know by e-mailing it to OFD [at] email.chop.edu.