‘Bench to Bedside and Back' With Rebecca Ahrens-Nicklas, MD, PhD
In this Q&A, we feature Rebecca Ahrens-Nicklas, MD, PhD, assistant professor of Pediatrics. At May’s virtual Faculty Luncheon, Dr. Ahrens-Nicklas will present a session titled “Metabolic Disorders of the Brain: Insights into Mechanisms and Therapy.”
Read the full Q&A here and hear Dr. Ahrens-Nicklas speak about her research at Faculty Luncheon - Thursday, May 13 at 12:00 PM. All CHOP/Penn faculty and staff are welcome!
Missed our recent session on the benefits of submitting to a preprint server? Check out the recording below.
Preventing a Secondary Epidemic of Lost Early Career Scientists: Here we discussed the outsized impact this pandemic has had on women scientists, and actions to mitigate the lasting impact.
Select papers discussed in the presentation:
- Turning Chutes into Ladders for Women Faculty: A Review and Roadmap for Equity in Academia; Cardel et al 2020
- Preventing a Secondary Epidemic of Lost Early Career Scientists: Effects of COVID-19 Pandemic on Women with Children; Cardel et al 2020
- Academic careers and the COVID-19 pandemic: Reversing the tide; Carr et al 2021
Pfizer Centers for Therapeutic Innovation (CTI) information and pre-proposal template for applications due June 28. CHOP applications are being coordinated by SWEENEYC [at] chop.edu (subject: Pfizer%20CTI) (Cindy Middleton Harrison).
NIH COVID-19 Funding
Notice of Special Interest (NOSI) regarding the Availability of Urgent Competitive Revisions and Administrative Supplements for Research on Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in Individuals with Down Syndrome for the INCLUDE Project
Emergency Awards: Notice of Special Interest (NOSI) on Pan-Coronavirus Vaccine Development Program Projects
Requesting Extensions for Early Career Scientists Whose Career Trajectories Have Been Significantly Impacted by COVID-19
Notice of Special Interest (NOSI): Administrative Supplements to SEPA Awards to Develop Innovative Educational Resources to Address SARS-CoV-2 Vaccine Hesitancy
ADDITIONAL COVID-19 Funding and Support
COVID-19 related funding opportunities updated daily by InfoGlobal. - Various due dates
Pre-Award Research Administration have compiled this extensive list of COVID-19 Research Funding Opportunities, most with rolling due dates.
Foundation Funding Resources
|Connect with successful colleagues to gain insight on a particular foundation.
Find a list of foundation grants previously awarded to CHOP PIs.
Cyclical Pilot and Limited Application Grants
Funding Search Tools
- All Federal Agencies (grants.gov)
- Customize your search and receive individual email alerts from the NIH, and from several foundations
- Find and filter NIH funding to identify the right opportunity for you.
- See this week's NIH Weekly Funding Notices and Announcements or get on the list to receive it to your inbox.
- NIH Matchmaker can be used for keyword searches of a topic area to identify NIH Institutes or Centers (ICs) that have previously funded research in that area.
- NIH search by key word for "unsolicited or investigator-initiated" Parent Announcements
- NSF Funding Search
- Proposal central/foundation grant opportunities
The Perelman School of Medicine Academic Tracks
- Selecting and navigating the tracks (Dept of Peds site)
- Faculty experts describe the tracks (Perelman School of Medicine site)
- Timelines for reappointment and promotion reviews
- Criteria and benchmarks for promotion
- Documentation required for reappointment and promotion packages
Regardless of where they are posted, promotion standards for the 4 PSOM tracks are the same throughout CHOP and Penn Medicine.
Do you have an interesting article you would like to share? Let us know by e-mailing it to OFD [at] email.chop.edu.