FUNDING FORECASTER: Upcoming internal, federal, and foundation funding opportunities are listed below and distributed monthly via email.
Special Opportunities on the Immediate Horizon
- PennCHOP Microbiome Program Announces Latest Round of Pilot Grants Applications due February 20, 2019 (See also Summary of CHOP/Penn Pilot Grants below)
- Junior Investigator Pilot/Feasibility Grant Program (JIPGP) "to encourage junior investigators to develop clinical research projects that will ultimately lead to competitive extramural funding and a career in Clinical Translational Research Center-focused clinical investigation." Application due March 1, 2019 (See also Summary of CHOP/Penn Pilot Grants below.)
- Funding Opportunity for Pilot Projects Relevant to Intellectual & Developmental Disabilities: Support for pilot project relevant to IDD for Assistant Professors within their first 4 years of appointment at CHOP/Penn as of July 1, 2019. Questions: Kristen Pidgeon (pidgeonk [at] email.chop.edu). Applications due Monday, March 11, 2019.
- Request for Applications: Support for IDDRC Research Project: Support for an independent research project on intellectual or developmental disabilities that has not been previously funded. The PI should have demonstrable credentials with regard to scientific accomplishment. Questions: Kristen Pidgeon (pidgeonk [at] email.chop.edu) Applications due Monday, March 11, 2019.
- Abramson Cancer Center and Cardiovascular Institute, Penn Cardio-Oncology Center of Excellence for pilot studies that focus on new collaborations between investigators across cancer and cardiovascular medicine. Application
due February 20, 2019Extended to March 22, 2019
Foundations, Associations, Professional Societies and more posted by month application due Here
Grants with recurring and rolling deadlines
- Summary of Internal CHOP/Penn Pilot Grants (by month typically due)
- Summary of Limited Application Grants (Limited number accepted from invited institutions)
- The Children's Fund for Glycogen Storage Disease Research (Applications accepted anytime)
Federal Funding Announcements
National Institutes of Health (NIH)
Generally, letters of intent (LOIs) are due a month after release dates and applications are due two months after release dates.
- NIH Weekly Funding Announcements
- Recent NIH requests for applications (RFAs)
- Recent NIH parent announcements (PAs and PARs)
- NIH Rolling Calendar: Looking Ahead 12 Months
Department of Defense (DOD)
Funding Search Tools
- All Federal Agencies (grants.gov)
- Customize your NIH search, and receive regular email alerts
- NIH search by key word for "Unsolicited or investigator-initiated" Parent Announcements
- NSF Funding Search