Driving Discovery in Food Allergies with David Hill, MD, PhD
In this Q&A, we feature David Hill, MD, PhD, an assistant professor and attending physician in the Division of Allergy and Immunology. At April’s Faculty Luncheon, Dr. Hill will discuss how epidemiologic investigations of pediatric disease can directly inform basic and translational research efforts.
Stay tuned for more from our Faculty Spotlight series throughout this year!
Missed our recent session on the benefits of submitting to a preprint server? Check out the recording below.
Preventing a Secondary Epidemic of Lost Early Career Scientists: Here we discussed the outsized impact this pandemic has had on women scientists, and actions to mitigate the lasting impact.
Select papers discussed in the presentation:
- Turning Chutes into Ladders for Women Faculty: A Review and Roadmap for Equity in Academia; Cardel et al 2020
- Preventing a Secondary Epidemic of Lost Early Career Scientists: Effects of COVID-19 Pandemic on Women with Children; Cardel et al 2020
- Academic careers and the COVID-19 pandemic: Reversing the tide; Carr et al 2021
Application instructions for the Carole Marcus Mid-Career Award to Promote Career Development and Mentoring in Pediatric Research - Due April 9, 2021 at 5:00 P.M.
Application instructions for the 2022 PEW-STEWART SCHOLARS FOR CANCER RESEARCH PROGRAM and the 2022 PEW SCHOLARS PROGRAM IN BIOMEDICAL SCIENCES - Due May 7, 2021 at 5:00 P.M.
Pfizer Centers for Therapeutic Innovation (CTI) information and pre-proposal template for applications due June 28. CHOP applications are being coordinated by SWEENEYC [at] chop.edu (subject: Pfizer%20CTI) (Cindy Middleton Harrison).
Foundation Funding Resources
|Connect with successful colleagues to gain insight on a particular foundation.
Find a list of foundation grants previously awarded to CHOP PIs.
Cyclical Pilot and Limited Application Grants
Funding Search Tools
- All Federal Agencies (grants.gov)
- Customize your search and receive individual email alerts from the NIH, and from several foundations
- Find and filter NIH funding to identify the right opportunity for you.
- See this week's NIH Weekly Funding Notices and Announcements or get on the list to receive it to your inbox.
- NIH Matchmaker can be used for keyword searches of a topic area to identify NIH Institutes or Centers (ICs) that have previously funded research in that area.
- NIH search by key word for "unsolicited or investigator-initiated" Parent Announcements
- NSF Funding Search
- Proposal central/foundation grant opportunities
The Perelman School of Medicine Academic Tracks
- Selecting and navigating the tracks (Dept of Peds site)
- Faculty experts describe the tracks (Perelman School of Medicine site)
- Timelines for reappointment and promotion reviews
- Criteria and benchmarks for promotion
- Documentation required for reappointment and promotion packages
Regardless of where they are posted, promotion standards for the 4 PSOM tracks are the same throughout CHOP and Penn Medicine.
Do you have an interesting article you would like to share? Let us know by e-mailing it to OFD [at] email.chop.edu.