“Follow the Questions” With Shaon Sengupta
In this Q&A, we feature Shaon Sengupta, MBBS, MPH, an assistant professor and attending neonatologist who has followed questions about circadian biology throughout her research career.
Left: Shaon Sengupta, MBBS, MPH, attending neonatologist and faculty investigator. Right: Dr. Sengupta and her lab members at the Franklin Institute Science Museum (photo taken prior to COVID-19 pandemic)
Preventing a Secondary Epidemic of Lost Early Career Scientists
Mar 10, 4:00 - 5:00 -- Register by March 3.
Join us to discuss the outsized impact this pandemic has had on women scientists, and actions to mitigate the lasting impact.
Click the link above to learn more or add this event to your calendar!
Missed our recent session on the benefits of submitting to a preprint server? Check out the recording below.
Foundation Funding Resources
|Connect with successful colleagues to gain insight on a particular foundation.
Find a list of foundation grants previously awarded to CHOP PIs.
Cyclical Pilot and Limited Application Grants
Funding Search Tools
- All Federal Agencies (grants.gov)
- Customize your search and receive individual email alerts from the NIH, and from several foundations
- Find and filter NIH funding to identify the right opportunity for you.
- See this week's NIH Weekly Funding Notices and Announcements or get on the list to receive it to your inbox.
- NIH Matchmaker can be used for keyword searches of a topic area to identify NIH Institutes or Centers (ICs) that have previously funded research in that area.
- NIH search by key word for "unsolicited or investigator-initiated" Parent Announcements
- NSF Funding Search
- Proposal central/foundation grant opportunities
The Perelman School of Medicine Academic Tracks
- Selecting and navigating the tracks (Dept of Peds site)
- Faculty experts describe the tracks (Perelman School of Medicine site)
- Timelines for reappointment and promotion reviews
- Criteria and benchmarks for promotion
- Documentation required for reappointment and promotion packages
Regardless of where they are posted, promotion standards for the 4 PSOM tracks are the same throughout CHOP and Penn Medicine.
Do you have an interesting article you would like to share? Let us know by e-mailing it to OFD [at] email.chop.edu.